My practice is managed according to the Code of Ethics as stated in Chapter 491 of the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling.
- I only collect and record information provided by you, or others you may advise me to contact, which is necessary for the practice of clinical counseling or psychotherapy.
- During the course of therapy I will take notes around the developments in therapy.
- I undertake to treat all your information with respect and confidentiality. If you have any concerns with regards to these matters, please discuss them with me.
- I will not disclose any identifiable information about you without your consent. To protect your privacy and within the limits of the law, I will resist any contact with any third party unless mutually agreed between us (i.e. family members; other professionals) and will inform you if any contact occurs.
- To maintain and build on my standards of practice I may present and discuss my work with senior colleagues. This is done in a way that ensures complete anonymity while maintaining high standards of practice as required by the Code of Ethics of the State of Florida Mental Health Counselors.
- All records will be held for at least seven years after the therapy ceases or as otherwise required.